Search This Blog

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Charlotte Condos We Favor….


May 1, 2008

Charlotte Condos we favor….
Lynnsy Logue The Real Estate Lady and Condo CanDo in Charlotte, NC
It all depends a friend of mine says. It all depends on where you are going, how long you plan on staying and what about your life style? Yep, it all depends. Still, I have a few favorite condominiums.Being a long time resident of Charlotte, I recall the days when we knew the builders’ names…and their reputations. There was John Crosland, Sr…and still building, John Crosland, Jr., William Trotter and now son, Paul,, Herman Nance, Charles Erwin, Mr. Thomason…well, you get my drift.

Now days it’s names of companies. Except in one instance. There is a fellow who has been building for some years now. When I first spoke with him over the phone maybe ten years ago, I thought he was my senior. Then I met him. He is a younger man with traditional ideas and takes a hands-on approach to the condominiums he builds. He’s often on the job site.His buildings are small compared to the uptown towers. They are often nestled in our exquisite neighborhoods: Myers Park, Eastover and one on the fringe of Dilworth, and one almost in Barclay Downs in SouthPark. The buildings are all different. The one component they have in common: class.So while I can go on and on about other builder’s lack of attention to building products and quality of construction, I have only praise for Brian Speas. I am sure I am joined by the residents of his buildings, the real estate agents he works with, and the neighborhoods he enhances by his tasteful designs and his fine execution of every detail right down to individual landscaping for each address.I have pictures of each one and will search for a sketch of the new one.
There is The Oakley at Park and almost Scott.
Carnegie Place in SouthPark.
Boxwood in Myers Park.
Fenton Place in Eastover.
Eastover Place on Fenton.
And I am sure the new one will top my list, The Cherokee. Eastover.
Thank you Brian Speas.
Tomorrow, we continue with Condo CanDo Questions and Answers. Please join us.

Lynnsy Logue The Real Estate Lady and Condo CanDo in Charlotte, NC





No comments: