Search This Blog

Friday, July 11, 2008

In Charlotte,Looking for a Sign...

July 11, 2008
The Real Estate Lady and Condo CanDo in Charlotte, NC

Looking for a sign…

Today on the way to the inspections, I misplaced keys to a house I listed and sold in one day. Today, my computer guru came to install better safeguards for my main PC…and confessed he had sold all of his stock in October and that he is worried.Today I read the news that our man in the white house will take no steps toward global warning because it might adversely affect the economy. Today the news was changing minute by minute getting worse and worse. The last thing I read was the ice breaking up in Antarctica. And the last voice I heard before I walked out of my office was a client calling…worried about what is ahead.And it is still Friday. There is still a podcast to write.
What do I write about when so much seems to be melting away? What do I say when even I wonder if there is a light at the end of the tunnel?And opening MSNBC before I start to gather my thoughts, there is a headline about the religions of the world. The one featured is about the Whirling Dervishes. I laugh. My Mother used to say that when everything around us was highly energetic. And the laughter brought me back to myself. Grounded me on this struggling planet with its many selfish, narrow sighted people. Centered me in the moments of this week…children at a party, a little girl five who is already a spiritual woman, a little boy of eight who is enlightened, well read and engaging as he coaxed me out into his world.Best of all was the Charlotte Business Journal. I sat on my huge medicine ball that I use as my computer seat and flipped through this latest issue.
Get these story lines:
1. A new plan in play for Crosland Site. Green contest winners pitch range of options for development of 33 acre site on transit corridor and
2.Morehead Building under contract. High profile corner may be next in line for office development on rapidly changing corridor.
3. Business Groups Pitch In For Team. Knights gain business support in effort to sell tickets, sponsors for new uptown stadium
4. Jim Donnelly moving right along with luxury condo tower that will incorporate a renovated Carolina Theatre and set to break ground within 60 days…8 of the 20 are under contract priced from 1.7 million to 5.5 million dollars
5. Office market holding steady in turbulent economy
6. Research Campus Close to Key Hire for Core Lab Leader
7. Tough Time for Retailers but Family Dollar gains
8. Group Seeks Gay Friendly Climate at Nations’ Colleges
9. Solar Start Up to Invest 37 Million

All going on in Charlotte. Here was my report for this week. And I remembered on The RealEstateLady.Com website, on every page in small print, I have written, I am a part of Charlotte and Charlotte is a part of me. Through thick and thin…we move forward knowing the best is yet to come.

The Real Estate Lady and Condo CanDo in Charlotte, NC

No comments: