Search This Blog

Sunday, January 13, 2008

In Between The Lines-January 13, 2008




Our Charlotte Condominium Tutorial and Workbook is off and running! Thank you for your response. Before I post the next chapter, I would like to answer the question posed by a reader from CurrentTV.com…NC-Why Condos? Good question.For starters, it’s condos because having an interest and a passion for condominiums led to becoming a recognized expert. Now, I do not let that go to my head. There are over 11,000 agents in Mecklenburg County and everyone vies for a piece of the pie.The “Condo” pie, however, can be more difficult and challenging than single family housing. From construction to financing, the path is long and winding. For instance there is a difference in financing options between condominiums and townhouses. And when a structure looks like a townhouse, it may well be a condo. So do you still need a survey?And if it’s a condominium and you have refurbished the kitchen with granite and installed hardwoods throughout…oh, wait, wait…if you are on the second floor are you allowed to install hardwoods?I am hoping that “the book” will cover all of the basics as well as many of the nuances.Please join the conversation. Check out our website : CondoCanDo.com and you’ll find other interesting tidbits…like how many condos and townhouse in Charlotte have the word “Park” in their name.
And how many duplicate names are there?

Park Avenue, Park Lake, Park Laurel, Park Phillips, Park Place I, Park Place, Park Place, Park Plaza I, Park Plaza II, Park Plaza, Park Square, Park West, Parkhill, Parkside, Parkside Townhomes, Park View, Parkview and More.

Why Condos? It is where I started. Yes, my brokerage covers horse farms,warehouses, commercial, McMansions...after all, most of those early condo owners were upwardly mobile. Thanks to them for letting me be their Broker then and now!
.

No comments: