Search This Blog

Saturday, May 31, 2008

We Learn by Doing...

May 31, 2008
Lynnsy Logue The Real Estate Lady® and Condo CanDo® in Charlotte, NC

We Learn by Doing…Some days are better than others. I have a friend who says there is no such thing as a bad cookie….some are just better than others.
Friday, I was on my way to a 1 p.m. closing for a young couple. He has been in the service during the first Dessert Storm and earned his V.A. benefits. He started his family and then when his boys entered high school, he went back to college and earned his degree. The wife is a nurse and supported the family. He worked part time, went to college full time. He graduated a couple of weeks ago. And we had found a house, his VA papers were in order. He has good credit, no debt, a great job. They were very excited. We were to close Friday at 1 p.m. but word came down that the head underwriter wanted to see the file in his hands. So the file was Fed Ex’d, the closing was stopped…and I wonder why these things happen. Now we wait. It is because real estate is about a lot of things. Mostly people. And it is about power and control. Some need that more than others. My cautionary advice to everyone is...celebrate after the checks clear.

And today…well, today was special. I met with previous clients who now want to sell their spacious and lovely condominium they bought two years ago. He became President of the Association and helped them giving both his time and expertise. The Home Owner's Association used to have delinquencies on monthly dues…many. No there are just a few. They even filed a lien against a government agency for not paying dues on a foreclosed condo. I like that. They are seriously protecting their values. Because what is one of the questions a mortgage lender wants to know ? How many units are delinquent on monthly dues. It was good seeing these folks again and fun working with them because they have always known the right and good way to care for property.
The other appointment was with another client who referred her boyfriend. He asked her if I specialized in Condos and she said I was The Real Estate Lady before I was Condo CanDo…he bought a house several years ago…and now I think I see stars in their eyes as we talk about the process of selling his current home and buying another. I love it when I learn from clients…he asked why is it important to know or even care about the kind of loan a buyer would secure to purchase his home? And he wanted to know about having an inspection before he would put the property on the market…and should he get a termite inspection as well. And what about a home warranty. I’ll have to double check on our websites www.AtHomeCharlotte.com and http://www.TheRealEstateLady.com to make sure I have those questions answered. They were both quick and comfortable talking about money…honestly. About negotiations and who paid for what. I know I have those items on our site. I left him with all my studies…the important parts highlighted in orange explaining my logic.

Tonight as I review the day and make my notes, I feel blessed to have the clients I do…and the people they refer. And I know for sure I am in the right place at the right time doing what I truly enjoy.

Lynnsy Logue The Real Estate Lady® and Condo CanDo® in Charlotte, NC

No comments: