Search This Blog

Friday, May 23, 2008

Your Questions for Condo CanDo


May 23, 2008
Lynnsy Logue The Real Estate Lady and Condo CanDo in Charlotte, NC

Your Condo Questions for Condo CanDo…
The question I most often get is “Why Condos?”. My answer is: Thanks to those condo buyers and sellers of twenty some years ago, my business grew to incorporate single family homes, McMansions, horse farms, some commercial leasing and sales. My clients and I built relationships that transcended one transaction. I started with condominiums because no one really wanted that market. They were obscure. The financing could be tricky. And the streets were most often not on our maps because they were maintained by the associations.I like learning and knowing the nuances.
Another routine question is: When is a condo a condo and what constitutes a townhouse? What are some of the rules and regulations that catch people by surprise?
For instance: drive a pick-up truck? Have a boat? Have a dog weighing in at more than a certain weight? Plan to have a room mate to help with expenses? Plan to paint your front door red? Work at night and want black curtains to keep out the daylight? Smoke?When I say read the documents that is why.
Condos and townhomes are basically community living and that means living within those guidelines set by the governing documents.On http://www.condocando.com/, there is a section especially for all you ever wanted to know about condos: legal descriptions, buying and selling…and some fun questions as well. Like how many condos in Charlotte have the same or similar names? Yes, like Queens and Sharon and Providence, we love naming names in Charlotte.
And quite often, I am asked my opinion about new condominiums. It depends. On the architect, the builder, the contractor and how it compares to what else is in the market or on the market. I believe in options and I think in Charlotte, you have many.
I have posted a list of active condos in both Elizabeth and in Dilworth and will be looking at certain sections, perhaps under a certain price and square footage and actually give you the names of those communities and the prices. That should be both interesting and helpful.
If you have specific questions, please feel free to ask.
Have a good holiday weekend.Thanks for joining us in Charlotte, NC
This is Lynnsy Logue The Real Estate Lady and Condo CanDo

No comments: