Search This Blog

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Coincidence? Maybe so. Maybe not.

June 26, 2008

Lynnsy Logue The Real Estate Lady® and Condo Cando® in Charlotte, NC

After all, We are Americans…Coincidence? Maybe so, maybe not.

I spend a lot of time reading and thinking and verifying and being the diplomat or trying to be. I spend a lot of time listening and asking questions and evaluating. It’s really my job. As a real estate broker, I feel that my obligation is to be true to myself, to be honest with others and to consider their options, the buyers and sellers I work with, my clients.
And during my day, I think about what I would like to write about for my podcast or blog. Because of my long history in Charlotte and my two decades in Charlotte as a real estate broker, there is much to write about. I have a friend who says my blog and podcast should be more personal, like a journal. What I do, read, hear, think and write about seem to go hand in hand. If I reprint an article or report statistics, to me, that is personal because I am always looking, evaluating.

And then, when I started these communiqués, I told myself I would try to refrain from being yet another opinionated voice. Another critic, another Monday Morning Quarterback. After all, we are pretty bright as a people. We are going-forward kinds of folks. We are independent. We tend to be courageous, we Americans.

And I remembered being an American in Russia before the wall came down. I travelled with 90 other Americans to Moscow in the middle of the winter. What stuck with me is how we, the Americans were different from the Russians. The Russian people were square and stockier, pale, sad or without expression, or maybe that was fear. There were soldiers with guns everywhere. Everywhere.We, the Americans, had a sense of humor. Could subsist on cabbage and warm champagne. We couldn’t drink the water. And we knew how to lag behind the tourist groups and go to more places than we should…ask more questions than we should. We were after all, Americans.
And now as we approach this Fourth of July, I wonder what happened to the jovial, thin, courageous Americans. We were then Captains of our own ships and now we seem to be floating, waiting for someone else to throw us the life preserver…when we are capable of rescuing ourselves. We are Americans, we are the Can Do people, we are the pioneers, the inventors, the creators, the American dream…Now we seem to be held captive in a sea of negativity. And this sea carefully masks those who hold tight reins, relish the power and control they have or they covet.
Each of us has the power to be positive, to be helpful, to be pensive, to listen, to give, to receive, to exercise, to say no to the negative forces…each of us can adapt, adjust, focus, put our best foot forward. Try. Try again. Try again and again…until the Americans become Americans again. And claim our own freedoms.

Lynnsy Logue The Real Estate Lady® and Condo Cando® in Charlotte, NC

No comments: