Search This Blog

Friday, June 13, 2008

Two Sides To Every Story

June 13, 2008

Lynnsy Logue The Real Estate Lady® and Condo CanDo® in Charlotte, NC
Two Sides To Every Story…
I am immersed in all the details and stories, the reports and the surveys, the announcements and the statistics of condominiums, real estate and the sub-prime mess.My days are spent between being an active full-time real estate broker and an inquisitive, sleuth, fact-finding, digging, interviewing, photographing web master.I look for balance inside and outside without being critical or cynical…and try to refrain from being what our culture loves being best, the Monday morning quarterback.
At best, I am the observer.
So when people ask me why am I so animate about quality building products and quality construction because, after all, those people know what they are doing. Those architects and contractors and developers…those home owner’s associations and boards. We cannot assume they do. As consumers I feel that we have a responsibility to ourselves to ask questions…and yes, to question authority. At the end of the day…it is your bottom line.
I still get perturbed when I see stucco on a house or condo or office building and especially synthetic stucco when it was used knowingly. I get agitated when I am told that sloppy construction is “urban construction”. What happens in five or ten years when siding needs to be replaced, when severe plumbing problems impact a whole building?What do I want? Buyers to realize they are in the driver’s seat. Maybe buyers don’t really want granite and stainless, but they are touted so much, people think they have to have them. Maybe I want buyers to really sit and read all the documents, know about the budget, the financial statements and be prepared to walk. Maybe I want people to take as much time buying a condo as they do a car. And then I think…well, there are good developers and really good builders and really fabulous buildings. Why is it that 10% of the people still cause 90% of the problems? And seem to get away with it.
So maybe I know too much or too little. Maybe I am too direct and too serious.
But there are two sides to every story. Right?

Lynnsy Logue The Real Estate Lady® and Condo CanDo® in Charlotte, NC

No comments: