Search This Blog

Friday, August 15, 2008

Just Another Day...

August 15, 2008
Lynnsy Logue The Real Estate Lady and Condo CanDo in Charlotte, NC
Just an Ordinary Day…
There are many unseen actions during the day as a real estate broker. They are the ones you don’t know about…the ones we don’t talk about. And maybe we don’t talk about them because they are too personal. I sometimes think the perception the general public has about real estate professionals is something about shiny cars, gold jewelry, big paychecks, fish fries and golf tournaments. Maybe so. Maybe not.
I began this morning as I always do on Fridays when it is not raining: walking with the neighbors at 5 a.m. for several miles as we talk about our plans for the weekend. So this morning began a little before I met them. The second item was a note that the truck was coming this morning to load up my neighbors. They are moving to Alaska. A young couple and their five year old daughter. They became friends the very first day they moved across the street and it deepened. Then they became clients as members of their family entered my world. And then they asked me to find a buyer for their house. And I did.Now they are going and I will miss them. So I have spent time thinking of them this morning. Missing them already.
And then as the movers were packing, a client called to brainstorm about “what if’s”, and think about Plan B…and on with another as we talked about what appliances stay and what really goes and how important it is to be patient…and another about a showing tomorrow as I reminded them about opening blinds and draperies…and the info sheet box that I will place in front of their home tomorrow during the Neighborhood Walk Around…And meeting our I.T. person for lunch. We share our excitement about Charlotte and the Market, how she has enjoyed experiencing the Lynx,our lite rail, how she has enjoyed arriving early uptown and can hear the birds uptown in the early morning…and walk along he tree-lined streets before everyone else starts arriving.
And on to show property as the prospective buyer brings his whole family and the family dog and the girl friend…and I give them the special folder I prepared with every bit of information I have on the property and adjoining properties. And told them to go home and talk about it, think about it. I am available.
And I come back to my home office, check email and find a thank you from a client who wanted direction and I sent him my decorator friend who is great with listening and they got along famously and I can hear the calm in his message.

I look out the window across the street. The truck is gone.

Lynnsy Logue The Real Estate Lady and Condo CanDo in Charlotte, NC

No comments: