Search This Blog

Thursday, January 2, 2014

There is an old saying,"Beginnings are difficult"...

There is an old saying,"Beginnings are difficult"...

January 2, 2014 at 10:26pm

We begin a new year with a new promise and a new hope. The last year is behind us with all the numbers of foreclosures and short sales, with an endless stream of unemployment and the miracle of the ups and downs of Wall St.. We begin to build anew promising ourselves we will remember how devastating the last several years have been. How many lives were ruined by greed or folly or sheer mistake by our own hands or the squeeze game played by the shadows we know skirt from office to tower, from bank to holding company. And we hope we have learned, we pray that we remember as the economy starts to churn, the hammers start to build, the land is swallowed up by bigger houses on smaller lots and no one is watching.The business of real estate is changing so fast that the image of real people doing the business of buying and selling will fade. The relationships will change because the economists, the giants of business know full well the government and the economy churns on the smell of earth turning, homes rising, apartments squandering our horizon, the lure of a home, a picket fence, a dog and a swingset make us feel comfortable-again. Meanwhile the banks are paying fines for their back room bargaining. But wait, there is more to be seen. It is not just the land and the hammers and the roofs and the pocket parks, it is the real estate listings themselves. Those who glean the coins from the eyes of the dying, make that the homeless, have seized upon the opportunities to gobble up the listings and tout the details only "big data" can generate so we all think that we all know everything we need to know.
It is what we do not know, as before, it is what we do not see, it is the short memory and the glaze of gold that will allow a repeat performance.I am back at my post. Reading everything I can get my hands on. Wanting to write and just write out loud what I see, what I hear, what I think might be coming. I hesitate because I am caught in the revolving door. I want to be right. Wait. I wanted to be right before but I was wrong. The sky was falling. I want to be clairyvoyant, I want to protect you because you do not know. This is not your business. This is smoke and mirrors.
So I decided that I will try. If I am wrong, I am wrong and it does not matter that it is right or not. What matters is that I do as I feel, that I speak up, that I discuss, that I care enough not to police my tongue.
Let the ego fly.
I will speak.
Lynnsy Logue,

The Real Estate Lady sm
The Real Estate Lady. SM

No comments: