Search This Blog

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Latta Pavilion Is Sick. Getting a Read on Radon.

March 23,2008
Lynnsy Logue, The Real Estate Lady and CondoCanDo, Charlotte, NC

Chapter Two. Now you See It, Now You Don’t…This may require several parts but I feel compelled to talk about what I have read and ultimately who I will talk to about this and what links I can provide you the reader, the listener, the real estate consumer. This is serious. It is Radon. I think I will simply publish the whole story as it appeared in the Business Journal. I have been waiting for a follow up from someone…a newspaper, a radio report, a television, but nothing as of this date.I am going to put this on my blog as well. And will do my best to follow this through. This addresses my core concern…public health, public safety, consumer awareness.I will try present the whole article as it appeared on February 22, 2008 in the Business Journal. Counting this, here will be five parts:
1.Latta Pavilion Is Sick
2.Taking Measure
3.Solving The Problem
4.Still Selling
5.Getting a Read on Radon
GETTING A READ ON RADON
§ What is it? Colorless and odorless radioactive gas formed in rock and soil.
§ How does it get in your home or business? Leaks into basement or crawl space from exposed soil, rock. Also is present in building materials such as natural stone or rock.
§ How dangerous is radon? The EPA says radon causes 100 times more deaths than carbon monoxide poisoning. It is the second-leading cause of lung cancer.
§ How to check? EPA-certified radon test kits are available for $20 from hardware, discount stores.
§ How do you cut levels? Seal cracks, openings to prevent from entering via soil; ventilation to carry gas out of a building.
Source: Environmental Protection Agency

As there is follow up, it will be posted here!!!

No comments: