Search This Blog

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Latta Pavilion Is Sick. Still Selling.

March 22,2008
Lynnsy Logue, The Real Estate Lady and CondoCanDo, Charlotte, NC

Chapter Two. Now you See It, Now You Don’t…This may require several parts but I feel compelled to talk about what I have read and ultimately who I will talk to about this and what links I can provide you the reader, the listener, the real estate consumer. This is serious. It is Radon. I think I will simply publish the whole story as it appeared in the Business Journal. I have been waiting for a follow up from someone…a newspaper, a radio report, a television, but nothing as of this date.I am going to put this on my blog as well. And will do my best to follow this through. This addresses my core concern…public health, public safety, consumer awareness.I will present the whole article as it appeared on February 22, 2008 in the Business Journal. Counting this, here will be five parts:
1.Latta Pavilion Is Sick
2.Taking Measure
3.Solving The Problem
4.Still Selling
5.Getting a Read on Radon
Here goes:
Still Selling
In spite of the elevated levels of radon, people are still buying units at Latta Pavilion.
Allen Tate's Dilworth office has sold three units in Latta Pavilion since the radon was found. "We have not worked with any potential buyers who elected not to purchase in this community, based on this knowledge," says Jane Richey, the office branch manager.
Kindbom says Tate has been discussing the radon issue since it was discovered at Latta Pavilion. She says radon tests are not routine in Charlotte, but adds it's always better to be safe than sorry.
"It's a fixable problem that's not terribly expensive," Kindbom says. "My hope is that once this is corrected it will be a nonfactor."
Grubb says his company has moved quickly to try to resolve the issue. "We're not trying to hide our head in the sand."
He'd like to move forward with a mitigation plan that includes the fan installation in each unit over the next couple of months. "We'll have to work through whether this is a design issue, construction materials or an engineering issue. That part won't be fun."
Next: GETTING A READ ON RADON

No comments: