Search This Blog

Thursday, April 24, 2008

I Believe in Asking for Help

April 24, 2008

Lynnsy Logue The Real Estate Lady and Condo CanDo in Charlotte, NC

I Believe in Asking for Help

As you know by now, I read a lot. I read a lot to learn about the opinions of others, both clear sighted and obtuse. The daily papers, the business journal, the hip-hop weekly, reams of professional newsletters, association magazines, reports from every corner be they mortgage or bank, builder and developer, real estate statistics from around the country and in our own fair city, Charlotte. I read a lot.

This is what I believe. The housing bubble is a mess. The causes are becoming clearer. It seems it was and is a house of cards. I have learned more about foreclosure that I ever would have thought, about the processes and the lack of processes, about short sales, about mortgage brokers and bankers, about abandoned homes, boarded up houses, communities in trouble. People blaming and being blamed. Recently I am reading about how it is a good time for investors to buy because prices are lower and interest rates are lower. Some of the articles are pretty basic. Some of the How To’s are for sale either in book form, or conference calls or DVD’s. And the part of our culture that turns a mess into an opportunity is beginning to take shape. Some will profit from the mess. Some will be scared for a long time. And some will be somewhat unscathed. But we are all feeling the uncertainty. Even me.And I think that what I would want is for people to learn to ask for help. And maybe what I want is for the banks and mortgage investors and mortgage service companies and mortgage insurance companies to begin calling their clients and asking how are you doing? Do you think you will need help? We need your help in letting us know before it gets to foreclosure or short sale. We want you to stay in your home and we want you to know we are here to help. I want these professional people to set up a giant call center and begin calling everyone who has a mortgage. Everyone. Every sinle one. And ask those questions. And maybe, just maybe, we can stop the fear and start rebuilding trust.
I believe an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. I believe we can all ask for help.
And I believe now is the time.

Lynnsy Logue The Real Estate Lady and Condo CanDo in Charlotte, NC

No comments: