Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

We Are Moving Out, Slowly. Change Is Coming

July 29, 2008
Lynnsy Logue The Real Estate Lady and Condo CanDo in Charlotte, NC
We Are Moving Out…Slowly. Change is coming…
Some days are a plethora of information…as I read the morning paper…as I check email and the news on the Internet…as I clip articles from the professional periodicals I receive and as I drive into town and wind my way back trying to cover as much of the market as I can. As I stop in the offices of friends in the business…today a well-known and lauded appraiser.
From the morning paper, a journalist writes about the shift from McMansions to smaller houses with more amenities.From a colleague whose business is urban planning, about front porches and neighborhoods designed for walking.From NPR about the trails that bind a city together as in Europe.And driving, I see the cranes at work uptown and know their stories of stops and starts. In one large condo complex, besides selling units, I now see signs for leasing them. And I know the builders have to find some relief and I wonder about the long term effect.I see more signs that read New Price. I have clients who ask about the slowness in the market and I then realize that not everyone is so intensely focused on this market.
My friend, the appraiser, thinks that if Wachovia can stabilize, we will see a shift in our market. And that we might see a slow up tick in the next two to three months and it will not be fast for us here in Charlotte.Washington has finally agreed to pass some help for some folks…North Carolina has drawn its own bill to help homeowners through the process with help from various quarters. And maybe even the media has tired itself out from their rhetoric. We are becoming used to them and searching for data on our own.

Maybe this whole mess will make us stronger. More self-reliant.And then, it is July here. It is the one month I look forward to because there is less traffic, school is out. We can run up and down the roads and streets without having to gauge our departure and return windows. The sign people confirm that it is July too.

They are staying afloat they say…and after all, it is July.

Lynnsy Logue The Real Estate Lady and Condo CanDo in Charlotte, NC

No comments: