Search This Blog

Friday, August 1, 2008

More Than Meets The Eye

August 1, 2008
Lynnsy Logue The Real Estate Lady and Condo CanDo in Charlotte, NC

There’s More to My Real Estate Day Than Meets The Eye…
I sometimes wonder if the general public has any idea what a good broker does on a daily basis. Especially during this time of ups and downs, changing mortgage programs, changing market conditions, a media who keeps hammering on all the gloom and doom. Because still there are folks who are getting married, who are down sizing, who are starting their first real job…and there are still folks out there who have a job, good credit and money for a down payment or closing costs. And there are sellers who have fixed up their house or are fixing up their homes to put them on the market. Life goes on.
As a broker, I believe in research. I like delving into a housing project, I enjoy seeing new construction, and I feel empowered when I read about all the angst some of the builders and developers are going through. I feel empowered because I learn something with every article I read. I feel that I can be a better broker if I try to learn as much as I can. Charlotte is an energetic city and growth is happening in every direction. Even in this mess.
Buying or selling a home or doing both is, granted, stressful. So many unknowns. So much waiting. So quiet sometimes. And the more people involved, the harder it is. The sellers get nervous waiting for the inspection reports, the buyer wonders what they have missed asking questions about. Our jobs as brokers are to calm the seas, settle the jitters and work through each issue one at a time. Besides property and research, there is a lot of hand holding…much listening, offering options, being an angel's advocate. It is as one old-timer told me as I was just starting out, you have to be a people person or you won’t make it. I think of myself more as a problem solver. Sometimes all the problem needs is a little patience.
Real Estate is more than signs and locks, comparables and closings, the perceived big bucks and the fancy trappings. It is the daily communications, the hundreds of questions, the paper work, the dollars. The people.
The journey.

Lynnsy Logue The Real Estate Lady and Condo CanDo in Charlotte, NC

No comments: