Search This Blog

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Almost February 8, 2016
THE GAME is over…
I am assessing how I feel. Walking around turning off the lights in my home, I am thinking about our team, the Panthers. How I know how hard they worked, how coordinated as a team they are, how they will feel. Coming back home. I hope they know how special they are, what true winners they are, how they will always be heroes and how their lives will always be enhanced by this experience. Because they are winners.What I know at almost 77 years of age, we are defined by more than one day or week or even year and even as the image of who we are is forming with every word and every action, the soul is constant, the spirit grows, and the different paths we are shown and take and grow with help make us who we are and who will become or who we are as wisdom seekers who can look back and learn from what we experience. And gain from it. Winning is cumulative. It is how close we take it to our hearts and how long we hold it. And I think the lesson I learned is no matter how sure I am, I don’t know the outcome. So I try to learn to be grateful for now, this moment.I am grateful I learned somethings about football, about this team who has charmed our hearts, who have worked well, danced on the field, shown us their joy. And their disappointment and their tears. They have shown us how to get up time and time again, how to help our team mates, our neighbors, our family. They have shown us how to show our joy in having fun at/with something we love.Thank you, Panthers! Thank you and count me on being there watching the game and reading the papers. Cheering you on always. Go Panthers!


No comments: