Search This Blog

Thursday, February 11, 2016


February 11, 2016

#1 Gonna’ jump right in …

DANGER: Open Houses are dangerous for real estate agents and brokers. Most people don’t know that because the, you know, to tell the truth, I don’t know why. There are courses and pamphlets available from the real estate commission and from the Realtor association; there was even a special class for agents to be licensed to carry a concealed weapon. I am. The other story is Open Houses are good for meeting folks who might be prospects. And yes, sometimes a house is sold at an Open House. I card Open Houses as risky. I wash my car, clean out the car, sort newspapers in the car, but I try to never be alone with someone I don’t know. And that can be women as well. The stalkers change their methods of operation.

PERCEPTION: I held an Open House this past weekend. A couple came in, whizzed around, asked about leasing the property after the sale, I asked their names. He gave me their first names and I asked for their last name. I explained the Homeowner’s Association, to their credit WISE, changed their by-laws on the cusp of the Great Recession to allow only three rentals at one time and only for a period of a year. “Jerry” called me yesterday to say he had found a townhome not on the market and the seller and he had come to an agreement, would I fill out the contract and a lease agreement for them? You know, “just point to where each would sign”, that’s all. Of course, I said “No.” PROCESS Real estate is not just a document (or 20 or 30 or more), I think it is an intention to reach a thorough meeting of the minds on all levels and make sure all parties know that. If not, explain until it is understood: obligations, dates, money, options. Thoroughness, ad nauseum.

Now the real cool thing is,TECHNOLOGY. Buyers and sellers can be in distant places even all four of them if they are couples and DocuSign is one of the wizards that can accomplish all initials and signatures across thousands of miles in a snap.

Lynnsy  Logue, Broker
aka The Real Estate Lady ®


No comments: